I’m an exploration Geophysicist. I use seismic waveforms to figure out the earth’s subsurface geology deep inside and at its highest details.
In the last 17 years, I have been working as a Geophysicist with oil/mineral companies and also as a researcher in academia. My main interest is fitting mathematical earth models to Geophysical field measurements and seismic waveform inversion.
In the last 5 years, I have been working on the problem of mineral exploration under Regolith cover by the inversion of seismic data.
My skills cover a wide range of very specialised topics in oil/gas/mineral exploration as described here:
1. Seismic reflection amplitude analysis for oil/gas reserves exploration.
2. Building structural and property oil/gas reservoir models.
3. Seismic waves velocity anisotropy and anisotropy parameter estimation (VTI and Orthorhombic).
4. Building anisotropic velocity models and processing frack related microseismic data in unconventional shale oil/gas operations.
5. Forward modelling and Full waveform inversion of seismic data.
6. Subsurface imaging using active/passive seismic measurements, seismic while drilling (SWD), seismic interferometry (SI) (see the example in Featured).
7. Borehole seismic methods (VSP, Walkaway VSP).
8. seismic interferometry for near surface imaging with distributed acoustic sensing (DAS) measurements.
9. Stability monitoring of pit walls in mines using seismic waves.
10.Seismic waveform methods for near surface rock characterisation and undercover mineral exploration.